• VERY SECURE CLEAT ENTRY & RELEASE
The new design of the Kéo Blade Carbon TI pedal is based upon a carbon blade that allows 30% more resistance than a Kéo carbon when the cleat exits the pedal in the moment disengagement. The advantage being that the cyclist feels more secure in the pedal and it eliminates the need for a spring tension adjustment bolt. The Kéo Blade Ti is available with two different release resistance blades. Version 12 for the all-around resistance and version 16 for riders desiring more retention. It is possible to change the blades with a special tool made for changing the blades.
• VERY LIGHTWEIGHT : 95 GR / 115 GR
The use of the Blade concept, combined with a new material injected with longer carbon fibres allows us to maintain a weight of 95g (115Gr with a steel axle), while still improving its strength and durability. This new material blend uses carbon fibres of over 10mm in length, where previous bodies were limited to only 1mm to 2mm.
• LARGE CLEAT SUPPORT SURFACE
For a more efficiency and stability the Blade has a cleat support platform that is 31% larger and 17% wider than a Kéo carbon. A stainless steel platform has been molded into the body which improves power transmission and decreases wear on the pedal platform.
• EXCELLENT RELIABILITY
Great detail has been paid to reliability: high resistance body, bi-enjected lever, stainless steel cleat surface, oversized double sealed axle and bearings make the Blade durable and rigid.
• The cleat retention component is double injected. Each material has a specific purpose. One material provides excellent mechanical strength. The other material interacts specifically with the cleat.
• Axle Technology : The oversized Keo Blade Carbon axle maintains a minimum overall stack height. It is composed of 2 miniature roller bearings (12 mm interior x 18 mm exterior) and a needle bearing.
LOOK axles are only validated for production after a rotational test of 1 million cycles at 100 rpm, with a load of 90kg on the centre of the pedal, as well as an off-centre rotation (which creates a shock at each rotation). This test is more stringent than standard currently enforced: EN147B1.
Dual seals ensure a very long service life of the roller bearings.
• Q-FACTOR ADJUSTMENT
By using a 14mm long axle thread, the new LOOK axle permits adjustment of the Q-Factor by 2mm by adding a specific washer available as a spare part. This allows Q-factor adjustment from 53 to 55mm.